Your membership contribution assists in the following important projects:
- Bama Fanfare & SPECTRA Educational Series which reach approximately 30,000 school children annually.
- Maintenance and renovation of the historic Bama Theatre, our community’s performing, and visual arts center, hosting almost 300 events each year and serving 100,000 citizens in 2017
- Support of the Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center which provides Downtown Tuscaloosa with valuable gathering space where artists, educators, and community members can come together to meet and experience art
- Sponsorship of art exhibits, educational workshops, juried art and photography competitions featured in The Arts Council galleries
- First Friday art walk in downtown Tuscaloosa
- Small grants to local artists, arts organizations, and school organizations
- Membership funds will directly enhance events from concerts to educational and family programming in the Bama Theatre and/or the Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, both in the heart of downtown Tuscaloosa.
When support for the arts increases, we are generating tax revenue, jobs, tourism and a creativity-based economy. Funding the arts provides a vibrant, walkable city and helps to revitalize downtown Tuscaloosa.
Thank you for choosing to support the Arts Council and the arts in West Alabama!